Dev guide - A collection for developers to be inspired
Throughout my career I’ve met many developers in the beginning of their journey in become a programmer. In general what I observed was common doubts and questions that could be generalized to a broader audience. In this section I’m going to bring all the content that a beginner should start to learn and also further references to take it to the a next level.
Thi is a structured view of this blog, what I think and what I did to reach each section and understand each concept. This is not meant to be followed as it is, instead think of it as a guide that you can check against what you know and what might be next step.
This is what worked for me and might work for you.
Even though the idea is for beginners, experiences developers might find the resources here useful for a review or to share that among other developers. You are also welcome to share what your opinion is, or to share some reference that I haven’t used here.
You might also be interested in the dedicated section for testing on this blog, it goes further in details on what is listed here.
- My technical reading path - Software engineering journey
- The philosophy
- The craftsmanship movement
- Mental mode for programming
- Programing is not what looks like
- The university fallacy
- The programming industry
- Before joining the party
- Software engineering, in the developer’s hand?
- Looking for a job
- Algorithms, Algorithms, Algorithms …. Oh Wait!
- The experience fallacy
- Should I have a github profile?
- Looking for help
- I am blocked, what should I do?
- The hero
- To specialize or to generalize?
- Developer conferences
- Speak, share what you know
- Pick a cloud provider
- Azure (WIP)
- Choosing the correct programming language
- What is correct?
- For me, it was PHP and the LAMP stack
- And then, expand
- Object Oriented Programming
- Functional Programming
- Does it matter? Don’t limit yourself.
- The web
- The programmer toolkit
- IDE’s or text editors
- Database Administration tools
- Pomodoro is it worth it?
- Keep an agenda
- Infrastructure as code
- Design patterns
- Readable code
- The waterfall
- eXtreme programming
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous integration/ Continuous delivery
- Software architecture
- What is even architecture?
- Architectural styles
- Do I need to architect?
- ADR’s (Architectural Decision Records)
- Empirical software engineering
- Taking decisions based in data
- Where to go from here
- This is just he beginning
- Do not advocate, teach
- Teaching others