AWS cloud practitioner notes - Migration and innovation
Migrating into the clud is a process, and it takes a lot of work to get things migrated into aws.
Module 9 - AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (AWS CAF)
AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (AWS CAF) provides advise companies in 6 areas, focused on the people type that you will need for the migration
AWS CAF Action Plan keeps your organizaion on track during the migration process.
Module 9 - Migration strategies
- Rehosting (lift-and-shift) - moving applications without changes
- Replatforming (lift, tinker, and shift) - involves making a few cloud optimizations to see benefits
- Retire - removing applications that are no longer needed
- Retain - keeps applications that are critical for the business in the source environment
- Repurchashing - fresh start, moving from tradicional license to a software-as-a-service model, from a old product to a new one
- Refactoring - Driven by strong business need to add features, it involves changes in the code of current applications to support cloud solutions
Module 9 - AWS Snow Family
A collection of physical devices that help to physically transport up to exabytes of data into and out of AWS.
AWS Snowcone is a small, rugged, and secure edge computing and data transfer device. It features 2 CPUs, 4 GB of memory, and 8 TB of usable storage.
AWS Snowball edge store optimze
It’s well suited for large-scale data migrations
AWS Snowball dge compute optimze
Provides powerful computing resources for use cases such as machine learning, full motion video analysis, analytics, and local computing stacks.
Capacity up to 100PB.
Module 9 - Innovation with AWS
AWS supports VMWare Cloud on AWS as lift-and-shift.
Quickly build, train and deploy machine learning model at scale, and it is supported by the most popular open source frameworks.
Machine platform that anyone can operate without an expertise
Helps you build interactice chatbots
Helps you to extract text from documents
Machine leraning service for reinforcement learning