AWS cloud practitioner notes - Migration and innovation
The content here is under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license
Migrating into the cloud is a process, and it takes a lot of work to get things migrated into aws (or any cloud provider).
Module 9 - AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (AWS CAF)
AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (AWS CAF) provides advise companies in 6 areas, focused on the people type that you will need for the migration
AWS CAF Action Plan keeps your organization on track during the migration process.
Module 9 - Migration strategies
- Re-hosting (lift-and-shift) - moving applications without changes
- Re-platforming (lift, tinker, and shift) - involves making a few cloud optimizations to see benefits
- Retire - removing applications that are no longer needed
- Retain - keeps applications that are critical for the business in the source environment
- Re-purchashing - fresh start, moving from traditional license to a software-as-a-service model, from a old product to a new one
- Refactoring - Driven by strong business need to add features, it involves changes in the code of current applications to support cloud solutions
Module 9 - AWS Snow Family
A collection of physical devices that help to physically transport up to exabytes of data into and out of AWS.
AWS Snowcone is a small, rugged, and secure edge computing and data transfer device. It features 2 CPUs, 4 GB of memory, and 8 TB of usable storage.
AWS Snowball edge store optimize
It’s well suited for large-scale data migrations
AWS Snowball dge compute optimize
Provides powerful computing resources for use cases such as machine learning, full motion video analysis, analytics, and local computing stacks.
Capacity up to 100PB.
Module 9 - Innovation with AWS
AWS supports VMWare Cloud on AWS as lift-and-shift.
Quickly build, train and deploy machine learning model at scale, and it is supported by the most popular open source frameworks.
Machine platform that anyone can operate without an expertise
Helps you build interactive chat-bots
Helps you to extract text from documents
Machine learning service for reinforcement learning
Table of contents
- Module 9 - AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (AWS CAF)
- Module 9 - Migration strategies
- Module 9 - AWS Snow Family
- Module 9 - Innovation with AWS